Share |

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Old age, I decided, is a gift



I am now, most likely for the primary time in my life, the person I actually have continuously needed to be. Oh, not my body! I someday despair over my body - the wrinkles, the saggy eyes and also the sagging butt. and infrequently i'm stunned by that previous person who lives in my mirror, however i do not agonize over those things for long.

I would never trade my wonderful friends, my wonderful life, my loving family for fewer grey hair or a flatter belly. As I've aged, I've become a lot of kind to myself and fewer crucial of myself. I've become my very own friend. i do not chide myself for eating that further cookie, or for not creating my bed, or for purchasing that silly cement gecko that I did not want, however appearance thus avante garde on my patio. i'm entitled to overeat, to be messy, to be extravagant. I actually have seen too several expensive friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the nice freedom that comes with aging.

Whose business is it if i select to scan till 4:00 am and sleep till noon? i'll dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 50s & 60s, and if I, at a similar time, would like to weep over a lost love, I will. i'll walk the beach in a very swim suit that's stretched over a bulging body and can dive into the waves with abandon if i select to, despite the pitying glances from the bikini set. They, too, can get previous.

I know i'm generally forgetful. however there once more, a number of life is simply moreover forgotten and that i eventually keep in mind the vital things. Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How will your heart not break once you lose a loved one, or when a baby suffers, or perhaps when a beloved pet gets hit by a car? however broken hearts are what offer us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and can never understand the thrill of being imperfect.

I am thus blessed to possess lived long enough to possess my hair flip grey and to possess my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face. such a large amount of have not laughed and such a large amount of have died before their hair might flip silver. I will say "no" and mean it. I will say "yes" and mean it. As you grow up, it's easier to be positive. You care less regarding what people suppose. i do not question myself anymore. I've even earned the proper to be wrong.

So, to answer your question, i favor being previous. it's set me free. i favor the person I actually have become. i'm not planning to live forever, however whereas i'm still here, i'll not waste time lamenting what might are, or worrying regarding what's going to be. and that i shall eat dessert each single day.

No comments:

Followers