Share |

Monday, February 7, 2011

Most Important Question


During my second month of nursing faculty, our professor gave us a pop
quiz. i used to be a conscientious student and had breezed through the
questions, till I scan the last one: 'What is that the initial name of
the woman who cleans the school?" Surely this was some reasonably joke.
I had seen the cleaning girl many times. She was tall, dark-haired
and in her 50s, however how would i do know her name? I handed in my paper,
leaving the last question blank. Before category ended, one student
asked if the last question would count toward our quiz grade.
Absolutely, said the professor. "In your careers you'll meet several
people. All are important. They deserve your attention and care, even if
all you are doing is smile and say hello". I've never forgotten that lesson. I
also learned her name was Dorothy.

No comments:

Followers